Monday, March 17, 2008

Prayer Request and Update

Wow where has time gone - has it really been a whole month plus since I had the time to post something. Even now I don't time to post any pictures but I wanted to share somethings going on in my life.

My mom was taken into the hospital on Friday, those of you who know the family know that the last two times previous hospital stays have basically been to bring the family in and say good-bye only to have her pull through. Anyways I know one of the reasons she is there. One of my oldest sisters (we share the same father) was brought in to the ER 15 minutes after my mom. She is not doing well and isn't expected to make it. I have always really liked this sister and although she is much older than me I appreciated every time I saw her she made sure that I knew she loved us and that everyone knew that I was her sister - not half sister, or some long lost relative.

They were both being admitted - Flo was to go to floor and my mom the 4th. Guess what they ended up 3 rooms from each other. Considence that they end up in ER together or on the same floor together - I think not!

Anyways I was really burdened to share my faith because I knew that there was a really good chance she would die without knowing Jesus as her Saviour. But the problem was that I was really scared. I thought maybe I could send someone from the church that would better explain the free gift of salvation and then she could spend eterinty in heaven not hell.

But to make a long story short on Sunday afternoon I was able to talk with Flo. She stayed awake for a long while. I asked her if she knew today if she died would she go to heaven - she said no and then I asked her if she wanted me to tell her about it. She said yes and not long after I was able to lead her to the Lord and Flo asked Jesus to forgive her sin and come into her heart and save her and to take her to heaven when she died. We both cried and then I told her about what the Bible says about heaven, gold streets, no sickness, pain or crying. Then I asked her when you get there and after you meet Jesus - Dad is going to be there waiting for you and I asked her to give Dad a big hug for all of us and to tell him we miss and love him so much. Then we talked about her seeing our sister Phyllis and our brother David who both died as babies and also our brother Clyde who recently died who we didn't know he was saved until his funeral.

Please pray for Flo that her entrance into heaven will be as peaceably as possible and pray for her family. She has 5 daughters, Linda, Sandra, twins Jan and Judy and Patty plus grandchildren and great grandchildren and lots of brothers and sisters.

My request is also that she will not die alone - that our family will get the burdened to sit with her and walked her through this difficult time. Hold her hand, talk with her, pray with her, Be a comfort to her. The family is meeting with the hosipice care tomorrow.

I for one will miss her!

Also my mom is doing okay she has bacterial infection in her blood which they are treating. She needs to have a scope done tomorrow to make sure its not in her heart vavle so please pray for her also.

Thanks
Mary

3 comments:

J & S Bernard + One said...

awesome news about flo. i know this will give her a peace she never knew.

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

i agree, that is great news about flo. i'm glad you were able to talk to her and show her the way to heaven!

Linda said...

that's awesome about Florence. I actually got a chance to meet her a couple months ago- where I work and she was so sweet- it's too bad I didn't get a chance to get to know her better. I've taken her to the Dr's a couple times and we chatted quite a bit about your family. It was neat. :)